SHIELD is a mobile-first risk intelligence company that helps world-leading enterprises build trust and safety by stopping fraud and abuse. Trusted across all continents by superapps, top e-commerce platforms and e-wallets, we protect over 7 billion devices and 700 million user accounts every year. Headquartered in Singapore, we have offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, Germany, Indonesia, and China.
As a Software Engineer (Backend), you will be responsible for supporting full software development of new and existing applications. Working individually and as a team, you should adopt an Agile methodological approach towards projects that include but are not limited to software architecture and infrastructure. We are looking for talented and passionate Software Engineers who are proactive in identifying problems as well as possess a strong logical thought process and the right skill sets to solve complex issues. There will be many opportunities to explore new tech stacks and to work on advanced technologies.
- Design and code using GO language to enhance the availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency of SHIELD’s products
- Work with internal teams to explore and create new design/architectures for better scaling and performance of back-end services
- Conduct and participate in code and design reviews to achieve and maintain high development standards
- Work alongside the internal team for service capacity and demand planning, software performance analysis, tuning and optimization
- Work alongside with product team to define and prototype feature specifications
- Develop, construct, analyze and troubleshoot large-scale systems
- Engage in full-stack performance tuning and optimization
- Debug and optimize complex enterprise software
Backend Tech Stack
- Minimum 4 years of experience in back-end web development. Individuals who possess a higher degree of expertise will be considered for senior opportunities
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Technology or related fields
- Strong Computer Science knowledge in algorithms and data structures
- Experience in MySQL, MongoDB and other relational/NoSQL databases
- Expert in distributed systems design and architecture with experience in system performance and scaling
- Willingness to work on Go programming language with prior programming experiences with C++, Node.js, Python
- Passionate in innovating, learning new skills and technology
- Proficient in setting monitoring tools and crisis management for recovery
- Comfortable working on frontend and backend tasks is a plus
Be part of the powerful team behind SHIELD’s powerful technology. Send your resume to email@example.com now!