SHIELD is a mobile-first risk intelligence company that helps world-leading enterprises build trust and safety by stopping fraud and abuse. Trusted across all continents by superapps, top e-commerce platforms and e-wallets, we protect over 7 billion devices and 700 million user accounts every year. Headquartered in Singapore, we have offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, Germany, Indonesia, and China.
As a Database Administrator, you will be responsible for designing and maintaining database systems. You will be the gatekeeper of all data traffic in the organization. Working individually and as a team, you should be expected to work with an Agile mindset to participate in project deliverables. We are looking for reliable, trustworthy and talented Database Administrators who are proactive in their line of work and have the drive to step out of their comfort zones and find new ways to manage data systems more efficiently.
- Design and maintain relational and non-relational database systems to meet project demand
- Research to optimize database query and performance
- Work with developers to reduce resource consumption and shorten request latency
- Ensure highest level of database systems and infrastructure availability
- Design backup and recovery processes for data and servers
- Test and evaluate the system regularly to ensure highest level of data security, privacy and integrity
- Monitor database performance and perform regular server maintenance through applying patches and versioning when required
- Analyze and identify capacity related issues in systems and applications
- Troubleshoot any database related issues
- Minimum Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a Database Administrator or database related roles
- Minimum 2 years of AWS experience in administration and performance tuning of Linux based application stacks
- Experience in PHP, MySQL and NoSQL
- Experience in working with other Cloud Service Providers; Azure or GCP is a plus
- AWS certification will be an added advantage
- Knowledge of all-things networking such as SSH, DNS, SSL/TLS, TCP/IP
- Ability to dive into system logs, identify and resolve faults and issues
- Experience of data backup, recovery and security
- Prior experience in e-payments or e-commerce industry is a plus
Be part of the powerful team behind SHIELD’s powerful technology. Send your resume to email@example.com now!